Akin O. Sawyerr
For over 15 years, I have worked extensively with some exceptional clients and various well-known brands primarily in the restaurant industry.
I really love my work and I am very passionate about helping users harness the power of technology for a better life experience.
- Responsible for developing new native mobile application look and feel on .NET Framework.
- Brand Management: name, logo, look, and feel of mobile and web applications to get the best user response.
- Charged with improving UX for legacy web properties and mobile applications through quantitative/qualitative research and value-added UX deliverables.
- Excellent in Cross-Browser UI disambiguation & avoiding pitfalls.
- Developed front-end solutions for mobile OS including Android, iOS.
- Very Good at JQuery development.
- Excellent in Responsive Web Design, Mobile Web App Development.
- Experience with REST API, JSON,TestFairy.
- Good at SaSS, LESS CSS.
- Familiar With Angular JS, Bootstrap, Ionic and other front-end frameworks.
- Excellent in Adobe Creative Cloud suite especially, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign.
- Highly knowledgeable WordPress CMS Developer.
- Very familiar with Version Control Systems: SourceTree/BitBucket, GIT.
- Familiar with Agile development process.
- Familiar with Balsamiq, Zeplin, Basecamp, Avocode.
- Familiar with BrowserStack, TestRails.
- Familiar with BlueJeans, GoToMeeting, HipChat, Slack and Microsoft Lync communication tools.
|2013 to Date||Tillster, Inc.||Alpharetta, GA|
Front-End UI/UX Developer, Sr
- Lead Front-End UI/UX developer for custom Responsive-web development supporting various brands on Tillster’s proprietary .NET platform utilizing CSS3, HTML5, JS and other technologies.
- Lead Front-End UI/UX developer for custom AngularJS-based mobile applications on Tillster’s proprietary .NET platform utilizing Cordova, Ionic, Node and other technologies.
- Subject matter expert on the front-end capabilities of Tillster’s proprietary .NET Platform applications. Including setup, implementation, development, documentation, quality assurance, troubleshooting and deployment.
- Team Lead for research, documentation and presentation of improved processes and other identified digital mobile solutions.
- Interface directly with Creative and Brand Marketing teams to assess, improve and implement UI/UX design concepts and wireframes across a variety of devices and media.
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders and team members e.g Sales and Product managers to identify, report, track and resolve bugs and other issues utilizing JIRA ticketing system.
- Manage, curate and process brand assets including fonts, colors, images and other media.
|2007 to 2013||Snapfinger, Inc.||Alpharetta, GA|
Director, Web & Graphic Design
- Implemented UI HTML web interfaces for Snapfinger.com corporate clients that generated over $100 million in combined online sales revenue.
- Managed, curated and processed brand design assets including all image graphics, fonts, style guides and other media.
- Designed online marketing campaigns, print advertising materials and UI prototype wireframes.
- Applied UI/UX development functionality to solve business rules objectives and implement creative custom solutions tailored to the client’s needs.
- Collaborated with key stakeholders to capture user experience requirements and translate them into practical user interface design solutions.
- Utilized industry best practices to define and develop consistent user experience standards across a myriad of devices and platforms.
- Lead on development cycle release deployments, delegation, Quality Assurance testing and documentation.
|2001 to 2004||CSX Technology||Jacksonville, FL|
- Created, managed and maintained HTML UI pages for Sales and Marketing intranet website.
- Designed HTML UI wireframes for Sales and Marketing workforce proprietary application.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining enterprise Sales and Marketing database system.
- Provided helpdesk assistance and IT technical support to commercial applications users.
- Performed quality assurance testing for applications in development and user-acceptance phase of software development cycle.
|1998 to 2001||Department of Health||Tallahassee, FL|
Assistant Web Manager
- Developed, managed and maintained HTML UI web pages for the entire Florida Department of Health (DOH) Internet and Intranet web sites (www.doh.state.fl.us).
- Designed web graphics, marketing materials, logos and other media assets designated to represent various sections and aspects of the DOH Internet and Intranet web sites.
- Provided troubleshooting and technical helpdesk assistance concerning all department managed Internet/Intranet web sites.
- Member of Information Technology team dispatched by then State Governor, Jeb Bush to implement comprehensive UI/UX redesign and migration of all DOH Internet and Intranet web sites.
- Recipient of 2000 Web Manager Award for Outstanding Service.
|1998 to 2001||Florida Agricultural & Mechanical University||Tallahassee, FL|
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Information Systems (CIS).
|1993 to 1997||Tallahassee Community College||Tallahassee, FL|
- Obtained 60 credit hours towards an AA degree in Computer Programming.
- Transferred to Florida A&M University.
- Work supplements 95% of education.
Performance Poetry (Slam), Volunteering, Billiards, Tennis, Freelance Web & Graphic Design; Vice-President, African Students Association Florida A&M University (1999-2000)